[infinispan-dev] recovery documentation

I've set up some on documentation around the new transaction functionality:
- recovery, linked from the main documentation page: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16646?uniqueTitle=false

I also plan to :
- add a doc describing how to set up recovery with JBossTM and Infinispan - ISPN-1080
- add some performance numbers on the overhead of a) using tx b) using tx with sync c) using tx with recovery
- add a blog entry around this stuff.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers,
Mircea

Re: [infinispan-dev] recovery documentation

Galder Zamarreno

On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:58 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've set up some on documentation around the new transaction functionality:
> - recovery, linked from the main documentation page: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16646?uniqueTitle=false

In Configuring Recovery section I'd add a note that recoveryInfoCacheName is not necessary and indicate that more info can be found in the "Recovery cache" section.

I don't understand this sentence: " If default cache is overridden then the recovery cache must use a TransactionManagerLookup that returns a different TM than the one used by the cache itself." - Why a different TM?

Btw, I love the screenshots you've produced :)

> - Synchronization: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/InfinispanTransactions#Enlisting_Synchronization
>
> I also plan to :
> - add a doc describing how to set up recovery with JBossTM and Infinispan - ISPN-1080
> - add some performance numbers on the overhead of a) using tx b) using tx with sync c) using tx with recovery
> - add a blog entry around this stuff.
>
> Any feedback appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Mircea

Re: [infinispan-dev] recovery documentation

Mircea Markus
Thanks for the feedback!
On 2 May 2011, at 08:29, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:58 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've set up some on documentation around the new transaction functionality:
>> - recovery, linked from the main documentation page: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16646?uniqueTitle=false
>
> In Configuring Recovery section I'd add a note that recoveryInfoCacheName is not necessary and indicate that more info can be found in the "Recovery cache" section.
>
> I don't understand this sentence: " If default cache is overridden then the recovery cache must use a TransactionManagerLookup that returns a different TM than the one used by the cache itself." - Why a different TM?
The sentence is indeed confusing, it should read: ""if default recovery cache is overridden..."

> Btw, I love the screenshots you've produced :)
thanks :-)