[infinispan-dev] (no subject)

Galder Zamarreno
Hi Sebastian,

Did you mention something about x-site not working on master?

The reason I ask is cos I was trying to create a state transfer test for [1] and there are some odds happening.

In my test, I start LON site configured with NYC but NYC is not up yet.

Re: [infinispan-dev] (no subject)

Galder Zamarreno
Ups, sent too early! So, the NYC site is not up, so I see in the logs:

2018-04-30 16:53:49,411 ERROR [org.infinispan.test.fwk.TEST_RELAY2] (testng-ProtobufMetadataXSiteStateTransferTest[DIST_SYNC, tx=false]:[])
ProtobufMetadataXSiteStateTransferTest[DIST_SYNC, tx=false]-NodeA-55452: no route to NYC: dropping message

But the put hangs and never completes [2]. I've traced the code and [3] never gets called, with no events.

I think this might be a JGroups bug because ChannelCallbacks implements UpHandler, but JChannel never deals with a receiver that might implement UpHandler, so it never delivers site unreachable message up the stack.

@Bela?

Cheers,
Galder

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 5:09 PM Galder Zamarreno <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sebastian,

Did you mention something about x-site not working on master?

The reason I ask is cos I was trying to create a state transfer test for [1] and there are some odds happening.

In my test, I start LON site configured with NYC but NYC is not up yet.

Re: [infinispan-dev] (no subject)

Galder Zamarreno
Actually Sebastian, I don't think this is your problem because your site configs are ASYNC.

This only appears when a site is configured with SYNC, which is when a response is waited for.

Cheers,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 5:18 PM Galder Zamarreno <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hey Galder,

I haven't sent any email since I didn't have enough time to create a proper reproducer or investigate what was going on.

During the summit work, I switched from a custom build of 9.2.1.Final to the latest master. This resulted in all sites going up and down. I was struggling for 5 hours and I couldn't stabilize it. Then, 30 mins before rehearsal session I decided to revert back to 9.2.1.Final.

I wish I had more clues. Maybe I haven't done proper migration or used too short timeouts for some FD* protocol. It's hard to say.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 5:16 PM Galder Zamarreno <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dan Berindei
Yes, JGroupsTransport wasn't failing x-site requests when the remote site was unreachable: ISPN-9113 [1]

When I first started the migration away from MessageDispatcher I was hoping to use the bridge view from RELAY2 to detect unreachable sites, but then I realized only the site master sees the bridge view, so I went back to using the SITE_UNREACHABLE event... or so I thought.