[infinispan-dev] new ispncon feature

Michal Linhard
hi all,

I found some free time to invest into ispncon, so I've fixed
https://github.com/infinispan/ispncon/issues/7

ispncon is now interoperable with Java Hot Rod client
see the docs:
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Infinispan+Command-line+Console

the changed parts are
Configuration - new options: default_codec, hotrod.use_river_string_keys
put operation - new option -e (--encode)
get operation - new option -d (--decode)
Interoperability with java clients - new section

m.

--
Michal Linhard
Quality Assurance Engineer

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
Purkynova 99 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
phone: +420 532 294 320 ext. 62320
mobile: +420 728 626 363

Re: [infinispan-dev] new ispncon feature

Galder Zamarreno
Cool stuff Michal!

On Jul 20, 2011, at 1:47 AM, Michal Linhard wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I found some free time to invest into ispncon, so I've fixed
> https://github.com/infinispan/ispncon/issues/7
>
> ispncon is now interoperable with Java Hot Rod client
> see the docs:
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Infinispan+Command-line+Console
>
> the changed parts are
> Configuration - new options: default_codec, hotrod.use_river_string_keys
> put operation - new option -e (--encode)
> get operation - new option -d (--decode)
> Interoperability with java clients - new section
>
> m.
>
> --
> Michal Linhard
> Quality Assurance Engineer
>
> Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
> Purkynova 99 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
> phone: +420 532 294 320 ext. 62320
> mobile: +420 728 626 363

Re: [infinispan-dev] new ispncon feature

Galder Zamarreno
Btw Michal,

Shouldn't this better be solved within the Python client itself rather than in ispncon?

Your solution seems only limited to those who use ispncon whereas i'm pretty sure anyone wanting to use the Python client would love to be able to read stuff written by a Java Hot Rod client, independent of using ispncon or not.

Cheers,

On Jul 21, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> Cool stuff Michal!
>
> On Jul 20, 2011, at 1:47 AM, Michal Linhard wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> I found some free time to invest into ispncon, so I've fixed
>> https://github.com/infinispan/ispncon/issues/7
>>
>> ispncon is now interoperable with Java Hot Rod client
>> see the docs:
>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Infinispan+Command-line+Console
>>
>> the changed parts are
>> Configuration - new options: default_codec, hotrod.use_river_string_keys
>> put operation - new option -e (--encode)
>> get operation - new option -d (--decode)
>> Interoperability with java clients - new section
>>
>> m.
>>
>> --
>> Michal Linhard
>> Quality Assurance Engineer
>>
>> Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
>> Purkynova 99 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
>> phone: +420 532 294 320 ext. 62320
>> mobile: +420 728 626 363

Re: [infinispan-dev] new ispncon feature

Galder Zamarreno
Also, with an apache avro based marshaller written in python, you should be able to interact with the java hot rod client as long as it as the apache avro marshaller configured too, and it should give you compatibility of not only String and byte[] but a host of other types as shown in
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Portable+Serialization+For+Hot+Rod+With+Apache+Avro

On 07/21/2011 11:51 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> Btw Michal,
>
> Shouldn't this better be solved within the Python client itself rather than in ispncon?
>
> Your solution seems only limited to those who use ispncon whereas i'm pretty sure anyone wanting to use the Python client would love to be able to read stuff written by a Java Hot Rod client, independent of using ispncon or not.
>
> Cheers,
Well, you're right, python client level would be more appropriate level
to fix this ... I was just more comfortable to design a solution for
ispncon, that I know better. I might look at python-client as well and
supply a pull request for you to review, again when I find enough rainy
weekends in Slovakia...

Should you find the time sooner feel free to use the river encoders
(which are the core of the solution) from the ispncon source.

m.

On 07/21/2011 11:57 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> Also, with an apache avro based marshaller written in python, you should be able to interact with the java hot rod client as long as it as the apache avro marshaller configured too, and it should give you compatibility of not only String and byte[] but a host of other types as shown in
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Portable+Serialization+For+Hot+Rod+With+Apache+Avro
yup,  I designed the codec solution with that in mind so that I can add
Avro codec when it's needed.

> On Jul 21, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>
>> Btw Michal,
>>
>> Shouldn't this better be solved within the Python client itself rather than in ispncon?
>>
>> Your solution seems only limited to those who use ispncon whereas i'm pretty sure anyone wanting to use the Python client would love to be able to read stuff written by a Java Hot Rod client, independent of using ispncon or not.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> On Jul 21, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>>
>>> Cool stuff Michal!

>>> Sr. Software Engineer
>>> Infinispan, JBoss Cache

Michal Linhard
Quality Assurance Engineer

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
Purkynova 99 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
phone: +420 532 294 320 ext. 62320
mobile: +420 728 626 363

Re: [infinispan-dev] new ispncon feature

Nice work Michal!