[infinispan-dev] configuring the consistent hash

[infinispan-dev] configuring the consistent hash

While extending the ConsistentHash I needed to pass some config params to my custom implementation - this is not currently supported
I think adding this functionality would be useful and consistent with other extension points, e.g. cacheLoaders.
What I have in mind is something like:
<hash ...>
        <consistentHashFunction class="...">
           <properties>
           </properties>
        </consistentHashFunction>
</hash>

Wdyt?

Cheers,
Mircea

Re: [infinispan-dev] configuring the consistent hash

Manik Surtani
Isn't this overkill?  What props would one need to pass in to a consistent hash implementation?

On 31 Jan 2011, at 15:33, Mircea Markus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While extending the ConsistentHash I needed to pass some config params to my custom implementation - this is not currently supported
> I think adding this functionality would be useful and consistent with other extension points, e.g. cacheLoaders.
> What I have in mind is something like:
> <hash ...>
> <consistentHashFunction class="...">
>           <properties>
>   </properties>
> </consistentHashFunction>
> </hash>
>
> Wdyt?
>
> Cheers,
> Mircea

Re: [infinispan-dev] configuring the consistent hash

Mircea Markus
On 31 Jan 2011, at 20:03, Manik Surtani wrote:
> Isn't this overkill?
It's something we provide for most other pluggable implementations: transport, executors, loaders interceptors.
>  What props would one need to pass in to a consistent hash implementation?
I  *need* to pass certain params to the ch function I implemented in Radargun, and had to do  some workarounds because of this missing. Might be something particular to my scenario though.

On 31 Jan 2011, at 21:34, Mircea Markus wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2011, at 20:03, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> Isn't this overkill?
> It's something we provide for most other pluggable implementations: transport, executors, loaders interceptors.

We expect lots of people to implement this.  I don't foresee many custom impls of a consistent hash algorithm.  :-)

>> What props would one need to pass in to a consistent hash implementation?
> I  *need* to pass certain params to the ch function I implemented in Radargun, and had to do  some workarounds because of this missing. Might be something particular to my scenario though.

Yes, it is an artificially distributed test case.  :-)