[infinispan-dev] Writing Documentation and FAQs Guide

[infinispan-dev] Writing Documentation and FAQs Guide

Pete Muir
First draft is up at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan#ContributingtoInfinispan-WritingDocumentationandFAQs

Please review it, let me know if you spot any errors ;-)

I've tried to follow my own advice when writing this section, but I'm sure I missed something!

Re: [infinispan-dev] Writing Documentation and FAQs Guide

Manik Surtani
Looks very good!  Gliffy's surprisingly slick too.

On 4 Jul 2011, at 18:18, Pete Muir wrote:

> First draft is up at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan#ContributingtoInfinispan-WritingDocumentationandFAQs
>
> Please review it, let me know if you spot any errors ;-)
>
> I've tried to follow my own advice when writing this section, but I'm sure I missed something!

Re: [infinispan-dev] Writing Documentation and FAQs Guide

Thx Pete for writing this up! Couple of things:

"Giffy is supported in this Confluence instance, allowing you to easily create drawings online. For more, read the Giffy documentation for more information." -> That's Gliffy, not Giffy, isn't it?

"...and it is also recommended you enable linenumbersand trim the text" -> The example provided does not including text trimming and in fact you need to scroll sideways in the result to read it all. Missing property?

Cheers,

On Jul 4, 2011, at 7:18 PM, Pete Muir wrote:

> First draft is up at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan#ContributingtoInfinispan-WritingDocumentationandFAQs
>
> Please review it, let me know if you spot any errors ;-)
>
> I've tried to follow my own advice when writing this section, but I'm sure I missed something!

Re: [infinispan-dev] Writing Documentation and FAQs Guide

Pete Muir
Thanks Galder.

On 6 Jul 2011, at 10:42, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> Thx Pete for writing this up! Couple of things:
>
> "Giffy is supported in this Confluence instance, allowing you to easily create drawings online. For more, read the Giffy documentation for more information." -> That's Gliffy, not Giffy, isn't it?

Oops, shows the danger of product names with too many similar shaped letters ;-)

> "...and it is also recommended you enable linenumbersand trim the text" -> The example provided does not including text trimming and in fact you need to scroll sideways in the result to read it all. Missing property?

Yeah, I hadn't got this right at all ;-)

I mean you should trim lines, not characters. Fixed the text

> Cheers,
>
> On Jul 4, 2011, at 7:18 PM, Pete Muir wrote:
>
>> First draft is up at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan#ContributingtoInfinispan-WritingDocumentationandFAQs
>>
>> Please review it, let me know if you spot any errors ;-)
>>
>> I've tried to follow my own advice when writing this section, but I'm sure I missed something!

Re: [infinispan-dev] Writing Documentation and FAQs Guide

Good stuff!