[infinispan-dev] Tidy up of forum + wiki

[infinispan-dev] Tidy up of forum + wiki

Pete Muir
All,

Today I have spent some time tidying up the wiki and forum.

Wiki
------

* All documentation articles have been moved to the "Infinispan Archive". This space is not generally writable by the community. Contact me if an article has been moved there by mistake
* The wiki "home page" is now the SBS document view, as all documents in the Infinispan space are wiki content (design docs, notes etc.). This means we no longer need to manually maintain a contents page for the wiki :-)

Forums
----------

* All open questions older than 2 months have been marked as answered regardless of their status. This was necessary to give us a clean slate to work from.
* I have added http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToAskAForumQuestion to encourage people to ask questions with all necessary info up front and also to mark questions as answered. This will appear as an "Announcement" when there are no other announcements showing as well.
* I have added guidance on how the community can contribute by answering questions https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan#ContributingtoInfinispan-HelpingOthersOut - this section also addresses how we manage the forum. I will add sections on stackoverflow etc. here as I get to them ;-)
* I have asked the jboss.org team if we can have all discussions be questions, this will allow much easier tracking of "open user questions"

Core team, please can you go through the open questions we currently have (http://community.jboss.org/en/infinispan?view=discussions#/?filter=open) and try to answer any that are open. Some you may feel you have already answered and not seen any activity from the user for a couple of weeks. Feel free to mark these as "Assumed Answered".

Pete

Re: [infinispan-dev] Tidy up of forum + wiki

Galder Zamarreno

On Jul 5, 2011, at 8:06 PM, Pete Muir wrote:

> All,
>
> Today I have spent some time tidying up the wiki and forum.
>
> Wiki
> ------
>
> * All documentation articles have been moved to the "Infinispan Archive". This space is not generally writable by the community. Contact me if an article has been moved there by mistake
> * The wiki "home page" is now the SBS document view, as all documents in the Infinispan space are wiki content (design docs, notes etc.). This means we no longer need to manually maintain a contents page for the wiki :-)

Some categories have been created but these are empty so far? Only "Design Documents" has a document in it.

And how do you get back to the overall article view once you've clicked on a category? It keeps coming back to the category selection you have. The only way to get out of it is to manually edit the URL and remove the extra bits on it that make it select that category (WTF!)

> Forums
> ----------
>
> * All open questions older than 2 months have been marked as answered regardless of their status. This was necessary to give us a clean slate to work from.
> * I have added http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToAskAForumQuestion to encourage people to ask questions with all necessary info up front and also to mark questions as answered. This will appear as an "Announcement" when there are no other announcements showing as well.
> * I have added guidance on how the community can contribute by answering questions https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan#ContributingtoInfinispan-HelpingOthersOut - this section also addresses how we manage the forum. I will add sections on stackoverflow etc. here as I get to them ;-)

Thx for writing that up, Pete!

> * I have asked the jboss.org team if we can have all discussions be questions, this will allow much easier tracking of "open user questions"
>
> Core team, please can you go through the open questions we currently have (http://community.jboss.org/en/infinispan?view=discussions#/?filter=open) and try to answer any that are open. Some you may feel you have already answered and not seen any activity from the user for a couple of weeks. Feel free to mark these as "Assumed Answered".
>
> Pete

Galder ZamarreƱo

On 7 Jul 2011, at 09:32, Galder ZamarreƱo wrote:
>> * The wiki "home page" is now the SBS document view, as all documents in the Infinispan space are wiki content (design docs, notes etc.). This means we no longer need to manually maintain a contents page for the wiki :-)
>
> Some categories have been created but these are empty so far? Only "Design Documents" has a document in it.

Yes. I was just experimenting to see how it works :-) It doesn't work quite right atm as you've discovered. I'll chat to Libor and Mark to see how quickly we can get categories to be useful.

> And how do you get back to the overall article view once you've clicked on a category? It keeps coming back to the category selection you have. The only way to get out of it is to manually edit the URL and remove the extra bits on it that make it select that category (WTF!)

Yeah, this view is no use right now. I'll work with the .org team to get this fixed up.