[infinispan-dev] TestingUtil.shortTimeoutMillis

[infinispan-dev] TestingUtil.shortTimeoutMillis

I see that short timeout (500 ms) is an often cause of random failures
in CI. The original issue (ISPN-4772) raised this from 100 to 500; could
we increase this on CI even further, to, say, 3 seconds? It's
configurable via a sys property

infinispan.test.shortTimeoutMillis

Re: [infinispan-dev] TestingUtil.shortTimeoutMillis

Sebastian Laskawiec
Sounds good...

Sadly our build infrastructure is not very fast...

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 10:58 AM Radim Vansa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I see that short timeout (500 ms) is an often cause of random failures
in CI. The original issue (ISPN-4772) raised this from 100 to 500; could
we increase this on CI even further, to, say, 3 seconds? It's
configurable via a sys property

infinispan.test.shortTimeoutMillis

Re: [infinispan-dev] TestingUtil.shortTimeoutMillis

Dan Berindei
Radim, are you seeing this in the regular builds too, or just in the
TRACE build?

Dan

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Sebastian Laskawiec
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds good...
>
> Sadly our build infrastructure is not very fast...
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 10:58 AM Radim Vansa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that short timeout (500 ms) is an often cause of random failures
>> in CI. The original issue (ISPN-4772) raised this from 100 to 500; could
>> we increase this on CI even further, to, say, 3 seconds? It's
>> configurable via a sys property
>>
>> infinispan.test.shortTimeoutMillis
>>
>> Radim
>>
>> --
>> Radim Vansa <[hidden email]>
>> JBoss Performance Team

Re: [infinispan-dev] TestingUtil.shortTimeoutMillis

Radim Vansa
In regular ones [1] - see SyncLockingTest

Btw., how do I enable TRACE build in CI?

[1] http://ci.infinispan.org/viewLog.html?buildId=53604&buildTypeId=bt9

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Radim Vansa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In regular ones [1] - see SyncLockingTest

shortTimeoutMillis() doesn't really fit here, it's intended for tests
that expect the operation to time out. I probably used it only because
the cache was already configured with 500ms.

OTOH there's no contention here, except for the fact that
TxCompletionNotification is async, so 500ms should be plenty even on
our puny CI agents...

> Btw., how do I enable TRACE build in CI?

I meant this build:

http://ci.infinispan.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=Infinispan_MasterHotspotJdk7trac

You can also enable trace logging in custom builds (the Run... button)
by changing the maven_opts.log.debug parameter to include
log4j2-trace.xml instead of log4j2.xml, it's just that there's no
filtering step so the logs will be quite big.