[infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

[infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

it seems the sources weren't deployed, they where for all previous
versions including CR8.

https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;gav~~infinispan-core~5.0.0.FINAL~~

Can anybody upload them?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Manik Surtani
Very odd.  Looking at my target directory where the release was built, sources weren't even packaged for certain modules.  So it wasn't just a case of not being uploaded.  Note that this didn't affect *all* modules:

Looking into this now.

On 8 Aug 2011, at 11:10, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

Hi,
it seems the sources weren't deployed, they where for all previous
versions including CR8.

https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;gav~~infinispan-core~5.0.0.FINAL~~

Can anybody upload them?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Manik Surtani
Shit.  This seems to have to do with the OSGi bundling of artefacts.

"[WARNING] NOT adding sources to artifacts with classifier as Maven only supports one classifier per artifact. Current artifact [org.infinispan:infinispan-core:bundle:5.0.0.FINAL] has a [] classifier."

If I change infinispan-core's packaging to "jar" instead of "bundle", the sources get generated just fine.  Any Maven experts out there have a good workaround?

On 8 Aug 2011, at 13:22, Manik Surtani wrote:

Very odd.  Looking at my target directory where the release was built, sources weren't even packaged for certain modules.  So it wasn't just a case of not being uploaded.  Note that this didn't affect *all* modules:

Looking into this now.

On 8 Aug 2011, at 11:10, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

Hi,
it seems the sources weren't deployed, they where for all previous
versions including CR8.

https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;gav~~infinispan-core~5.0.0.FINAL~~

Can anybody upload them?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Manik Surtani
Ok, it's a bug in Felix's bundle plugin.  Rolling back to an earlier version of the plugin fixes it for now.

        http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.felix.devel/22887

I'll manually push up the srcs for 5.0.0.FINAL now.

On 8 Aug 2011, at 14:43, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Shit.  This seems to have to do with the OSGi bundling of artefacts.
>
> "[WARNING] NOT adding sources to artifacts with classifier as Maven only supports one classifier per artifact. Current artifact [org.infinispan:infinispan-core:bundle:5.0.0.FINAL] has a [] classifier."
>
> If I change infinispan-core's packaging to "jar" instead of "bundle", the sources get generated just fine.  Any Maven experts out there have a good workaround?
>
> Cheers
> Manik
>
> On 8 Aug 2011, at 13:22, Manik Surtani wrote:
>
>> Very odd.  Looking at my target directory where the release was built, sources weren't even packaged for certain modules.  So it wasn't just a case of not being uploaded.  Note that this didn't affect *all* modules:
>>
>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;gav~~infinispan-directory-demo~5.0.0.FINAL~~
>>
>> Looking into this now.
>>

>> On 8 Aug 2011, at 11:10, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> it seems the sources weren't deployed, they where for all previous
>>> versions including CR8.
>>>
>>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;gav~~infinispan-core~5.0.0.FINAL~~
>>>
>>> Can anybody upload them?
>>>
>>> Sanne

>> Manik Surtani
>> [hidden email]
>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>
>> Lead, Infinispan
>> http://www.infinispan.org

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Galder Zamarreno
Ups, that was the result of me trying to fix the Felix version used... :( - sorry about that

On Aug 8, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Ok, it's a bug in Felix's bundle plugin.  Rolling back to an earlier version of the plugin fixes it for now.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.felix.devel/22887
>
> I'll manually push up the srcs for 5.0.0.FINAL now.
>
> Cheers
> Manik
>
> On 8 Aug 2011, at 14:43, Manik Surtani wrote:
>
>> Shit.  This seems to have to do with the OSGi bundling of artefacts.
>>
>> "[WARNING] NOT adding sources to artifacts with classifier as Maven only supports one classifier per artifact. Current artifact [org.infinispan:infinispan-core:bundle:5.0.0.FINAL] has a [] classifier."
>>
>> If I change infinispan-core's packaging to "jar" instead of "bundle", the sources get generated just fine.  Any Maven experts out there have a good workaround?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Manik
>>
>> On 8 Aug 2011, at 13:22, Manik Surtani wrote:
>>
>>> Very odd.  Looking at my target directory where the release was built, sources weren't even packaged for certain modules.  So it wasn't just a case of not being uploaded.  Note that this didn't affect *all* modules:
>>>
>>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;gav~~infinispan-directory-demo~5.0.0.FINAL~~
>>>
>>> Looking into this now.

>>> Manik Surtani
>>> [hidden email]
>>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>>
>>> Lead, Infinispan
>>> http://www.infinispan.org

>> Manik Surtani
>> [hidden email]
>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>
>> Lead, Infinispan
>> http://www.infinispan.org

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Radoslav Husar
On 08/08/2011 03:52 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
> Ok, it's a bug in Felix's bundle plugin.  Rolling back to an earlier version of the plugin fixes it for now.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.felix.devel/22887
>
> I'll manually push up the srcs for 5.0.0.FINAL now.

Hi Manik,

looks like the sources didn't get pushed properly, they are not in the
repo as Jaikiran just brought up on irc:

https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#view-repositories;releases~browsestorage~/org/infinispan/infinispan-core/5.0.0.FINAL/infinispan-core-5.0.0.FINAL.pom

Can you have a look please?

Thanks,
Rado

> Cheers
> Manik
>
> On 8 Aug 2011, at 14:43, Manik Surtani wrote:
>
>> Shit.  This seems to have to do with the OSGi bundling of artefacts.
>>
>> "[WARNING] NOT adding sources to artifacts with classifier as Maven only supports one classifier per artifact. Current artifact [org.infinispan:infinispan-core:bundle:5.0.0.FINAL] has a [] classifier."
>>
>> If I change infinispan-core's packaging to "jar" instead of "bundle", the sources get generated just fine.  Any Maven experts out there have a good workaround?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Manik
>>
>> On 8 Aug 2011, at 13:22, Manik Surtani wrote:
>>
>>> Very odd.  Looking at my target directory where the release was built, sources weren't even packaged for certain modules.  So it wasn't just a case of not being uploaded.  Note that this didn't affect *all* modules:
>>>
>>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;gav~~infinispan-directory-demo~5.0.0.FINAL~~
>>>
>>> Looking into this now.

>>> Manik Surtani
>>> [hidden email]
>>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>>
>>> Lead, Infinispan
>>> http://www.infinispan.org

>> Manik Surtani
>> [hidden email]
>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>
>> Lead, Infinispan
>> http://www.infinispan.org

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Manik Surtani
Yes this was a bug in the release scripts in 5.0.  I have fixed the scripts since then, so this won't happen with future releases, but I haven't retroactively pushed the srcs to Nexus for 5.0.  Is this a blocker for you guys?

On 17 Aug 2011, at 09:57, Radoslav Husar wrote:

> On 08/08/2011 03:52 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> Ok, it's a bug in Felix's bundle plugin.  Rolling back to an earlier version of the plugin fixes it for now.
>>
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.felix.devel/22887
>>
>> I'll manually push up the srcs for 5.0.0.FINAL now.
>
> Hi Manik,
>
> looks like the sources didn't get pushed properly, they are not in the repo as Jaikiran just brought up on irc:
>
> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#view-repositories;releases~browsestorage~/org/infinispan/infinispan-core/5.0.0.FINAL/infinispan-core-5.0.0.FINAL.pom
>
> Can you have a look please?
>
> Thanks,
> Rado
>

>> Cheers
>> Manik
>>
>> On 8 Aug 2011, at 14:43, Manik Surtani wrote:
>>
>>> Shit.  This seems to have to do with the OSGi bundling of artefacts.
>>>
>>> "[WARNING] NOT adding sources to artifacts with classifier as Maven only supports one classifier per artifact. Current artifact [org.infinispan:infinispan-core:bundle:5.0.0.FINAL] has a [] classifier."
>>>
>>> If I change infinispan-core's packaging to "jar" instead of "bundle", the sources get generated just fine.  Any Maven experts out there have a good workaround?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Manik

>>> Manik Surtani
>>> [hidden email]
>>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>>
>>> Lead, Infinispan
>>> http://www.infinispan.org

>> Manik Surtani
>> [hidden email]
>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>
>> Lead, Infinispan
>> http://www.infinispan.org

> Radoslav Husar

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Radoslav Husar
No, not a blocker, if its not much hassle it should be there:

(01:53:43 PM) Jaikiran: rhusar: nope, it isn't a blocker. i can pick the
sources from the manual download on sourceforge
(01:53:58 PM) Jaikiran: rhusar: btw, he might want to check with Paul
Gier if sources are mandatory in the maven repo
(01:54:10 PM) Jaikiran: from what i remember he had added a rule in
nexus to make it mandatory
(01:54:14 PM) Jaikiran: i don't know if he disabled it

Cheers,
Rado

On 08/17/2011 01:17 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Yes this was a bug in the release scripts in 5.0.  I have fixed the scripts since then, so this won't happen with future releases, but I haven't retroactively pushed the srcs to Nexus for 5.0.  Is this a blocker for you guys?
>
> On 17 Aug 2011, at 09:57, Radoslav Husar wrote:
>
>> On 08/08/2011 03:52 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>>> Ok, it's a bug in Felix's bundle plugin.  Rolling back to an earlier version of the plugin fixes it for now.
>>>
>>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.felix.devel/22887
>>>
>>> I'll manually push up the srcs for 5.0.0.FINAL now.
>>
>> Hi Manik,
>>
>> looks like the sources didn't get pushed properly, they are not in the repo as Jaikiran just brought up on irc:
>>
>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#view-repositories;releases~browsestorage~/org/infinispan/infinispan-core/5.0.0.FINAL/infinispan-core-5.0.0.FINAL.pom
>>
>> Can you have a look please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rado
>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Manik

>>> Manik Surtani
>>> [hidden email]
>>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>>
>>> Lead, Infinispan
>>> http://www.infinispan.org

>> Radoslav Husar

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Sanne Grinovero-3
There are many users asking for the missing sources:

http://community.jboss.org/thread/171349?tstart=0
http://community.jboss.org/thread/171498?tstart=0
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1334

If it's hard to upload them, maybe we could do a 5.0.1 ?
Are there no other fixes which would benefit a release?

Sanne

2011/8/17 Radoslav Husar <[hidden email]>:

> No, not a blocker, if its not much hassle it should be there:
>
> (01:53:43 PM) Jaikiran: rhusar: nope, it isn't a blocker. i can pick the
> sources from the manual download on sourceforge
> (01:53:58 PM) Jaikiran: rhusar: btw, he might want to check with Paul
> Gier if sources are mandatory in the maven repo
> (01:54:10 PM) Jaikiran: from what i remember he had added a rule in
> nexus to make it mandatory
> (01:54:14 PM) Jaikiran: i don't know if he disabled it
>
> Cheers,
> Rado
>

> On 08/17/2011 01:17 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> Yes this was a bug in the release scripts in 5.0.  I have fixed the scripts since then, so this won't happen with future releases, but I haven't retroactively pushed the srcs to Nexus for 5.0.  Is this a blocker for you guys?

>>> Hi Manik,
>>>
>>> looks like the sources didn't get pushed properly, they are not in the repo as Jaikiran just brought up on irc:
>>>
>>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#view-repositories;releases~browsestorage~/org/infinispan/infinispan-core/5.0.0.FINAL/infinispan-core-5.0.0.FINAL.pom
>>>
>>> Can you have a look please?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rado

>>> Radoslav Husar
>>
>> --
>> Manik Surtani
>> [hidden email]
>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>
>> Lead, Infinispan
>> http://www.infinispan.org

Re: [infinispan-dev] Source artifacts not deployed for 5.0.0.FINAL

Manik Surtani
I just uploaded the srcs for 5.0 this morning.  Painful manual process, but it should be there now.  :)

2011/8/26 Manik Surtani <[hidden email]>:
> I just uploaded the srcs for 5.0 this morning.  Painful manual process, but it should be there now.  :)

thanks a lot. How did you do that? I was expecting Nexus to fight back
on such a non-maven-conventional operation..

On 26 Aug 2011, at 14:17, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> 2011/8/26 Manik Surtani <[hidden email]>:
>> I just uploaded the srcs for 5.0 this morning.  Painful manual process, but it should be there now.  :)
>
> thanks a lot. How did you do that? I was expecting Nexus to fight back
> on such a non-maven-conventional operation..

Oh it fought back alright!  But I beat it down with a python script, programmatic HTTP connections and some RESTful hacking.  :)