[infinispan-dev] Smoke test suite for hibernate-cache

[infinispan-dev] Smoke test suite for hibernate-cache

Martin Gencur
Hi all,
I'm currently in the process of refreshing the "smoke" test suite for
Infinispan.
There's a relatively new module called hibernate-cache. Could someone
suggest tests that should be part of the smoke test suite?
Ideally just a few tens of test cases (maybe a few hundreds at most but
the test suite execution should finish in a few seconds).

A list of test classes as a reply to this email would be ideal:)

Thanks,
Martin

Re: [infinispan-dev] Smoke test suite for hibernate-cache

Galder Zamarreno
Hey Martin,

Thanks for working on this. I'd suggest these:

- NaturalIdInvalidationTest
- EntityRegionAccessStrategyTest
- CollectionRegionAccessStrategyTest
- QueryRegionImplTest
- TimestampsRegionImplTest

They cover most of the functionality offer, but they run in more than just a few seconds... Each of those normally cycle through different configuration options, both at Hibernate and Infinispan level, so that's why they take more than just a few seconds.

Try those and see what you think.

Cheers,

> On 18 Aug 2017, at 14:26, Martin Gencur <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I'm currently in the process of refreshing the "smoke" test suite for
> Infinispan.
> There's a relatively new module called hibernate-cache. Could someone
> suggest tests that should be part of the smoke test suite?
> Ideally just a few tens of test cases (maybe a few hundreds at most but
> the test suite execution should finish in a few seconds).
>
> A list of test classes as a reply to this email would be ideal:)
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

Re: [infinispan-dev] Smoke test suite for hibernate-cache

Martin Gencur
Thanks, Galder.

I've created this PR with your suggested tests:
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/5404
The smoke test suite now runs 349 tests (in one minute) compared to 1036
when the whole test suite is run.
This is good enough for now, IMO.

Martin