Quantcast

[infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

[infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Ramesh Reddy
Hi,

Is there call I can make on the cache API like ping to check the validity of the remote connection? In OpenShift JDV is having issues with keeping the connections fresh to JDG when node count goes to zero and comes back up.

Thank you.

Ramesh..

Re: [infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Tristan Tarrant-2
How are you configuring the connection pool ?

Tristan

On 20/03/17 14:29, Ramesh Reddy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there call I can make on the cache API like ping to check the validity of the remote connection? In OpenShift JDV is having issues with keeping the connections fresh to JDG when node count goes to zero and comes back up.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ramesh..

Re: [infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Ramesh Reddy
In Teiid, we wrote a resource adapter around the connection semantics to work in WildFly/EAP.

> How are you configuring the connection pool ?
>
> Tristan
>
> On 20/03/17 14:29, Ramesh Reddy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there call I can make on the cache API like ping to check the validity
> > of the remote connection? In OpenShift JDV is having issues with keeping
> > the connections fresh to JDG when node count goes to zero and comes back
> > up.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Ramesh..

> Tristan Tarrant
> Infinispan Lead
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: [infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Sebastian Laskawiec
Hey Ramesh!

I think I had similar problems to yours when testing Rolling Upgrades in Kubernetes. I created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7515 to fix it.

The problem is that the RemoteStore's connection pool seems have problems with initializing/retrying and refreshing connections.