[infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

[infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Ramesh Reddy
Hi,

Is there call I can make on the cache API like ping to check the validity of the remote connection? In OpenShift JDV is having issues with keeping the connections fresh to JDG when node count goes to zero and comes back up.

Thank you.

Ramesh..

Re: [infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Tristan Tarrant-2
How are you configuring the connection pool ?

Tristan

On 20/03/17 14:29, Ramesh Reddy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there call I can make on the cache API like ping to check the validity of the remote connection? In OpenShift JDV is having issues with keeping the connections fresh to JDG when node count goes to zero and comes back up.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ramesh..

Re: [infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Ramesh Reddy
In Teiid, we wrote a resource adapter around the connection semantics to work in WildFly/EAP.

> How are you configuring the connection pool ?
>
> Tristan
>
> On 20/03/17 14:29, Ramesh Reddy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there call I can make on the cache API like ping to check the validity
> > of the remote connection? In OpenShift JDV is having issues with keeping
> > the connections fresh to JDG when node count goes to zero and comes back
> > up.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Ramesh..

> Tristan Tarrant
> Infinispan Lead
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: [infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Sebastian Laskawiec
Hey Ramesh!

I think I had similar problems to yours when testing Rolling Upgrades in Kubernetes. I created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7515 to fix it.

The problem is that the RemoteStore's connection pool seems have problems with initializing/retrying and refreshing connections.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 3:11 PM Ramesh Reddy <[hidden email]> wrote:
In Teiid, we wrote a resource adapter around the connection semantics to work in WildFly/EAP.

> How are you configuring the connection pool ?
>
> Tristan
>
> On 20/03/17 14:29, Ramesh Reddy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there call I can make on the cache API like ping to check the validity
> > of the remote connection? In OpenShift JDV is having issues with keeping
> > the connections fresh to JDG when node count goes to zero and comes back
> > up.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Ramesh..

> Tristan Tarrant
> Infinispan Lead
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: [infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Stelios Koussouris
HI guys,

At the back of reading this (got some time on my hands today). Do we have a "quickstart" ref archirecture of externalizing state from JDV into JDG? i know it requires a bit more than simply how to in order to get a scalable architecture but just wondered if we have even the basics available out there?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Ramesh Reddy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there call I can make on the cache API like ping to check the validity of the remote connection? In OpenShift JDV is having issues with keeping the connections fresh to JDG when node count goes to zero and comes back up.

Thank you.

Ramesh..

Re: [infinispan-dev] Simplest way to check the validity of connection to Remote Cache

Ramesh Reddy
In JDV there is not much information in terms of user level state, however at application level JDV can have lot of state, like temp tables, materialization of views, cached source data etc. JDV already has translator for the JDG, with which we can do materialization.

We also just implemented a new translator that requires to no defined marshallers and can work with portable objects in Infinispan as contents of table. This enables JDV to externalize state into Infinispan much more easily now. A simple video of this integration can be viewed at [1]

Ramesh..