[infinispan-dev] Sample XML configurations

[infinispan-dev] Sample XML configurations

Galder Zamarreño
I was talking to Sanne on IRC and he seemed to think that config-samples/all.xml is a recommended configuration.

It clearly it is not (i.e. what's the point of having REPEATABLE_READ but no transactions? or what do 99% users really care about the serialization.marshaller and serialization.version? )

>From what I gather, all.xml is just a configuration sample showing all config options in action, not necessarily the best combo.

So, we probably need to do a better job at separating what's sample/recommended stuff, and other XML configs?

Thoughts?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Sample XML configurations

Manik Surtani
Yes, very true.  All.xml is *not* a recommended cfg file.  :-)  +1 to shipping with a recommended file, perhaps with all available options commented out.

On 14 Dec 2010, at 15:52, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> I was talking to Sanne on IRC and he seemed to think that config-samples/all.xml is a recommended configuration.
>
> It clearly it is not (i.e. what's the point of having REPEATABLE_READ but no transactions? or what do 99% users really care about the serialization.marshaller and serialization.version? )
>
>> From what I gather, all.xml is just a configuration sample showing all config options in action, not necessarily the best combo.
>
> So, we probably need to do a better job at separating what's sample/recommended stuff, and other XML configs?
>
> Thoughts?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Sample XML configurations

Galder Zamarreño
I looked for references to all.xml in the testsuite and there's a couple of tests that validate or do so other work with it.

So, I think that all.xml should remain but moved to test/resources/configs and as you suggest, have a recommended file with more sensible configuration and other options commented out. How should name such file? sample.xml?

On 15 Dec 2010, at 08:18, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> I looked for references to all.xml in the testsuite and there's a couple of tests that validate or do so other work with it.
>
> So, I think that all.xml should remain but moved to test/resources/configs and as you suggest, have a recommended file with more sensible configuration and other options commented out. How should name such file? sample.xml?

infinispan-sample.xml ?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Sample XML configurations

Vladimir Blagojevic
Maybe even name it tests-all.xml so our users never confuse it again.

On 10-12-15 5:18 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> I looked for references to all.xml in the testsuite and there's a couple of tests that validate or do so other work with it.
>
> So, I think that all.xml should remain but moved to test/resources/configs and as you suggest, have a recommended file with more sensible configuration and other options commented out. How should name such file? sample.xml?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Sample XML configurations

Galder Zamarreño
Either that or move it to test/resources. I prefer to do the latter and just leave src/main/resources/config-samples/infinispan-sample.xml

FYI: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-837

On Dec 15, 2010, at 1:32 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> Maybe even name it tests-all.xml so our users never confuse it again.
>
> On 10-12-15 5:18 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>> I looked for references to all.xml in the testsuite and there's a couple of tests that validate or do so other work with it.
>>
>> So, I think that all.xml should remain but moved to test/resources/configs and as you suggest, have a recommended file with more sensible configuration and other options commented out. How should name such file? sample.xml?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Sample XML configurations

Galder Zamarreño
Oh sorry Manik, just saw your reply. I've created another thread in dev list with my sample configuration file where I expand the given all.xml to contain more sample configurations depending on some typical use cases I could think of.