[infinispan-dev] Reverting ISPN-7426 because of hangs

[infinispan-dev] Reverting ISPN-7426 because of hangs

I've sent a PR to revert ISPN-7426 since it hangs our OSGI tests endlessly [1].

Seems like Hibernate entitymanager in 5.2.x, which is used by our JPA store, is not very OSGI friendly [2].

In the mean time, I've stopped all PR builds since they're all hanged.

Cheers,

[1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/4836
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7426

Re: [infinispan-dev] Reverting ISPN-7426 because of hangs

Sanne Grinovero-3
Hi Galder,
we need that upgrade. I didn't know of the OSGi problem, that seems
trivial to fix.. next time just ask me?

BTW I'd have noticed myself if only it was possible to run the
Infinispan testsuite locally w/o it having so many failures..

On 8 February 2017 at 10:25, Galder Zamarreño <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've sent a PR to revert ISPN-7426 since it hangs our OSGI tests endlessly [1].
>
> Seems like Hibernate entitymanager in 5.2.x, which is used by our JPA store, is not very OSGI friendly [2].
>
> In the mean time, I've stopped all PR builds since they're all hanged.
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/4836
> [2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7426
> Infinispan, Red Hat

Re: [infinispan-dev] Reverting ISPN-7426 because of hangs

Galder Zamarreño
We need builds to run too. We can't have commits that bring the build to a halt in such way that the build can't finish.

> On 8 Feb 2017, at 12:18, Sanne Grinovero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Galder,
> we need that upgrade. I didn't know of the OSGi problem, that seems
> trivial to fix.. next time just ask me?
>
> BTW I'd have noticed myself if only it was possible to run the
> Infinispan testsuite locally w/o it having so many failures..

> On 8 February 2017 at 10:25, Galder Zamarreño <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've sent a PR to revert ISPN-7426 since it hangs our OSGI tests endlessly [1].
>>
>> Seems like Hibernate entitymanager in 5.2.x, which is used by our JPA store, is not very OSGI friendly [2].
>>
>> In the mean time, I've stopped all PR builds since they're all hanged.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/4836
>> [2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7426
>> Infinispan, Red Hat

Re: [infinispan-dev] Reverting ISPN-7426 because of hangs

Sanne Grinovero-2
I totally agree. This shouldn't have been merged in the first place,
but now that it's there and not that I know of the problem, let me
have a quick look as I think I can fix it.

If not, +1 to revert.

Thanks

On 8 February 2017 at 11:22, Galder Zamarreño <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We need builds to run too. We can't have commits that bring the build to a halt in such way that the build can't finish.

> Infinispan, Red Hat
>
>> On 8 Feb 2017, at 12:18, Sanne Grinovero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Galder,
>> we need that upgrade. I didn't know of the OSGi problem, that seems
>> trivial to fix.. next time just ask me?
>>
>> BTW I'd have noticed myself if only it was possible to run the
>> Infinispan testsuite locally w/o it having so many failures..
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sanne
>>
>> On 8 February 2017 at 10:25, Galder Zamarreño <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've sent a PR to revert ISPN-7426 since it hangs our OSGI tests endlessly [1].
>>>
>>> Seems like Hibernate entitymanager in 5.2.x, which is used by our JPA store, is not very OSGI friendly [2].
>>>
>>> In the mean time, I've stopped all PR builds since they're all hanged.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/4836
>>> [2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7426
>>> Infinispan, Red Hat

Re: [infinispan-dev] Reverting ISPN-7426 because of hangs

Sanne Grinovero-3
I've sent a fix PR.
Thanks for highlighting it!

Sanne