[infinispan-dev] [Pull Request] ISPN-961 - Spring Integration

[infinispan-dev] [Pull Request] ISPN-961 - Spring Integration

Olaf Bergner
Available here:
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/288

This is the first pull request I plan to issue for ISPN-961, the one
targeting the master branch. I will issue another for 4.2.x as soon as
this one is accepted.

Cheers,
Olaf

Re: [infinispan-dev] [Pull Request] ISPN-961 - Spring Integration

Tristan Tarrant
I have a problem with the timing of this: 5.0.0.CR1 has already been released and the focus should be on bugfixing and documentation work. Therefore I believe this should be postponed to 5.1.0. I understand it is just an addition and not modifying anything already there, but it has its impact nonetheless (on the build process at any rate).

Tristan

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 17:18, Olaf Bergner <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is the first pull request I plan to issue for ISPN-961, the one
targeting the master branch. I will issue another for 4.2.x as soon as
this one is accepted.

Re: [infinispan-dev] [Pull Request] ISPN-961 - Spring Integration

Olaf Bergner
> I have a problem with the timing of this: 5.0.0.CR1 has already been
> released and the focus should be on bugfixing and documentation work.
> Therefore I believe this should be postponed to 5.1.0. I understand it is
> just an addition and not modifying anything already there, but it has its
> impact nonetheless (on the build process at any rate).
>
> Tristan

Well, what time frames are we talking about here, anyway? When is 5.0 scheduled to arrive, when 5.1?

Olaf

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 15:06, Manik Surtani <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Trust me, stability is top on my priority for 5.0.  :-)
> The Spring module is something Olaf contributed and it doesn't impact
> stability efforts on the rest of the codebase.

I have no problem with that, it's just that in my mind a CR release
should also imply a feature freeze.
Sanne told me that in his experience people don't try out unstable
versions of software until CR is reached, so version creep is a way to
get more users to test the software.
As long as this practice is clear, I'm happy with it.

Re: [infinispan-dev] [Pull Request] ISPN-961 - Spring Integration

Manik Surtani

On 14 May 2011, at 13:41, Tristan Tarrant wrote:

> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 15:06, Manik Surtani <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Trust me, stability is top on my priority for 5.0.  :-)
>> The Spring module is something Olaf contributed and it doesn't impact
>> stability efforts on the rest of the codebase.
>
> I have no problem with that, it's just that in my mind a CR release
> should also imply a feature freeze.
> Sanne told me that in his experience people don't try out unstable
> versions of software until CR is reached, so version creep is a way to
> get more users to test the software.
> As long as this practice is clear, I'm happy with it.

Of course.  Thanks for being concerned and voicing your thoughts though, I think it is important to have some folks in the community who also care about how the project is run, in addition to submit patches/suggest features/report bugs.  :-)