[infinispan-dev] Planning for Infinispan 5.1

[infinispan-dev] Planning for Infinispan 5.1

Manik Surtani
Guys

I've put together a high level planning doc for 5.1.  Please have a look and see if I've missed out on anything.  Any other high-level JIRAs should be linked to this doc, and if JIRAs for certain things don't exist, please create them.

Thanks

Re: [infinispan-dev] Planning for Infinispan 5.1

Mircea Markus

On 2 Aug 2011, at 15:44, Manik Surtani wrote:

Guys

I've put together a high level planning doc for 5.1.  Please have a look and see if I've missed out on anything.  Any other high-level JIRAs should be linked to this doc, and if JIRAs for certain things don't exist, please create them.

"and adding a digesting mechanism so that unchanged entries that can be retrieved locally, such as from a cache store, need not be transferred."
AFAIK this can only be done for replicated caches, or distributed caches that have a shared cache store, so my understanding was that the priority of this was downgraded.

Re: [infinispan-dev] Planning for Infinispan 5.1

Pete Muir
Thanks. I don't think I will configuration changes ready for Alpha1 in mid-august at this rate. End of august is doable.

On 2 Aug 2011, at 15:44, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Guys
>
> I've put together a high level planning doc for 5.1.  Please have a look and see if I've missed out on anything.  Any other high-level JIRAs should be linked to this doc, and if JIRAs for certain things don't exist, please create them.
>
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/RoadmapForBrahma
>
> Thanks
> Manik

Re: [infinispan-dev] Planning for Infinispan 5.1

On 2 Aug 2011, at 16:23, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> Move first delivery targets for September? Last time I checked half of the team is on vacation for most of the August!

That'll be Alpha2 then.  :)

Re: [infinispan-dev] Planning for Infinispan 5.1

Vladimir Blagojevic
Manik,

Most of the work on distributed executors and/or map/reduce is left for 5.2. Can we move some to 5.1, for example https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1042

Regards,