[infinispan-dev] Passivation and manual eviction

[infinispan-dev] Passivation and manual eviction

Radoslav just brought to my attention that our eviction configuration
validator prints out a warning when passivation is enabled without
configuring eviction. This was done to make sure users are aware of the
fact that a cache with this configuration will never actually passivate.
In WildFly's case however, eviction is performed manually (by invoking
cache.evict()). In this case the warning is just misleading.

My proposal is therefore to introduce a new eviction strategy "MANUAL"
wihch internally would be handled in the same way as "NONE" but which
would prevent the warning.

Wdyt ?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Passivation and manual eviction

Ryan Emerson-2
+1 makes sense to me.

Re: [infinispan-dev] Passivation and manual eviction

Tristan Tarrant-2
I've created a Jira and corresponding PR for this

https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/4472

Tristan