[infinispan-dev] Passing client listener parameters programmatically

[infinispan-dev] Passing client listener parameters programmatically

We're working with the OpenWhisk team to create a generic Feed that allows Infinispan remote events to be exposed in an OpenWhisk way.

So, you'd pass in Hot Rod endpoint information, name of cache and other details and you'd establish a feed of data from that cache for create/updated/removed data.

However, making this generic is tricky when you want to pass in filter/converter factory names since these are defined at the annotation level.

Ideally we should have a way to pass in filter/converter factory names programmatically. To avoid limiting ourselves, you could potentially pass in an instance of the annotation in an overloaded method or as optional parameter [1].

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Galder

Re: [infinispan-dev] Passing client listener parameters programmatically

William Burns-3
I personally have never been a fan of the whole annotation thing to configure your listener, unfortunately it just has been this way.

If you are just proposing to adding a new addClientListener method that takes those arguments, I don't have a problem with it.

void addClientListener(Object listener, String filterFactoryName, Object[] filterFactoryParams, String converterFactoryName, Object[] converterFactoryParams);

I would think we would use these values only and ignore any defined on the annotation.

Also similar to this but I have some API ideas I would love to explore for ISPN 10 surrounding events and the consumption of them.

 - Will

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 11:12 AM Galder Zamarreno <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We're working with the OpenWhisk team to create a generic Feed that allows Infinispan remote events to be exposed in an OpenWhisk way.

So, you'd pass in Hot Rod endpoint information, name of cache and other details and you'd establish a feed of data from that cache for create/updated/removed data.

However, making this generic is tricky when you want to pass in filter/converter factory names since these are defined at the annotation level.

Ideally we should have a way to pass in filter/converter factory names programmatically. To avoid limiting ourselves, you could potentially pass in an instance of the annotation in an overloaded method or as optional parameter [1].

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Galder

Re: [infinispan-dev] Passing client listener parameters programmatically

Adrian Nistor
+1 for both points.

And I absolutely have to add that I never liked the annotation based listeners, both the embedded and the remote ones.