[infinispan-dev] Ordering of includeCurrentState events

[infinispan-dev] Ordering of includeCurrentState events

Radim Vansa
Currently remote events caused by includeCurrentState=true are not
guaranteed to be delivered before the operation completes; these are
only queued on the server to be sent but not actually sent over wire.

Do we want any such guarantee? Do we want to add to make events from
current state somehow distinguishable from the 'online' ones?

Given all the non-reliability with listeners failover I don't think this
is needed, but I'll rather check in the crowd.

Re: [infinispan-dev] Ordering of includeCurrentState events

Adrian Nistor
Hi Radim,

 From the continuous query point of view it does not matter if
'existing-state-events' are queued for a while as long as they are
delivered _before_ the 'online' events. For CQ we do not care to make
them distinguishable, but we do want this order!

Other use cases might have different needs (probably more relaxed), but
this is the minimal for CQ.

Adrian