[infinispan-dev] MurmurHash in Scala

Galder Zamarreno
It appears that Scala will include a MurmurHash implementation:

http://www.scala-lang.org/archives/downloads/distrib/files/nightly/docs/library/scala/util/MurmurHash$.html

Re: [infinispan-dev] MurmurHash in Scala

Patrick McFarland
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Galder Zamarreño <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It appears that Scala will include a MurmurHash implementation:
>
> http://www.scala-lang.org/archives/downloads/distrib/files/nightly/docs/library/scala/util/MurmurHash$.html

Yeah, but it doesn't say which one they implemented, nor is it implied
it would be compatible with the ones Infinispan implemented.

Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || www.AdTerrasPerAspera.com

Re: [infinispan-dev] MurmurHash in Scala

Galder Zamarreno
https://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala/browser/scala/trunk/src//library/scala/util/MurmurHash.scala

It appears to be MurmurHash 3.0 and the impl seems to be included in forthcoming Scala 2.9

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Galder Zamarreño <[hidden email]> wrote:
> https://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala/browser/scala/trunk/src//library/scala/util/MurmurHash.scala
>
> It appears to be MurmurHash 3.0 and the impl seems to be included in forthcoming Scala 2.9

Ahh, its MMH3 32bit instead of 64bit. I wonder why they're
intentionally choosing the slower one. Also, it is not compatible with
MMH3 64bit, which is what I chose for Infinispan in the new code.