[infinispan-dev] JBoss TS SNAPSHOT dependency in master...

[infinispan-dev] JBoss TS SNAPSHOT dependency in master...

Galder Zamarreno
Master's pom.xml is depending on a snapshot:

      <version.jbossjta>4.15.0-SNAPSHOT</version.jbossjta>

Since we're planning to release a CR1 this week, this should be sorted in time for that to avoid funny issues.

Is anyone looking into this?

Re: [infinispan-dev] JBoss TS SNAPSHOT dependency in master...

Mircea Markus
As I answered on IRC: this is a test-scoped dependency introduced with https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1002
The reason we want the snapshot is because this is where Jonathan has changed a lot of stuff and this is what AS7 depends on

On 26 Apr 2011, at 17:35, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> Master's pom.xml is depending on a snapshot:
>
>      <version.jbossjta>4.15.0-SNAPSHOT</version.jbossjta>
>
> Since we're planning to release a CR1 this week, this should be sorted in time for that to avoid funny issues.
>
> Is anyone looking into this?

Re: [infinispan-dev] JBoss TS SNAPSHOT dependency in master...

David M. Lloyd
As a point of fact I believe AS7 is actually currently using 4.14.0-Final.

On 04/26/2011 12:03 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

> As I answered on IRC: this is a test-scoped dependency introduced with https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1002
> The reason we want the snapshot is because this is where Jonathan has changed a lot of stuff and this is what AS7 depends on
>
> On 26 Apr 2011, at 17:35, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>
>> Master's pom.xml is depending on a snapshot:
>>
>>       <version.jbossjta>4.15.0-SNAPSHOT</version.jbossjta>
>>
>> Since we're planning to release a CR1 this week, this should be sorted in time for that to avoid funny issues.
>>
>> Is anyone looking into this?

- DML

On Apr 26, 2011, at 7:03 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

> As I answered on IRC: this is a test-scoped dependency introduced with https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1002
> The reason we want the snapshot is because this is where Jonathan has changed a lot of stuff and this is what AS7 depends on

Hmmm, ok but can you make sure you get a release version asap? CR1 is supposed to be pretty close to what's final and it won't look good at all if we rely on a snapshot and something changes... it'd be a nightmare

> On 26 Apr 2011, at 17:35, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>
>> Master's pom.xml is depending on a snapshot:
>>
>>     <version.jbossjta>4.15.0-SNAPSHOT</version.jbossjta>
>>
>> Since we're planning to release a CR1 this week, this should be sorted in time for that to avoid funny issues.
>>
>> Is anyone looking into this?

Re: [infinispan-dev] JBoss TS SNAPSHOT dependency in master...

Jonathan, are you there? :-)  Any plans for a 4.15.0 alpha, at least?

On 26 Apr 2011, at 18:03, Mircea Markus wrote:

> As I answered on IRC: this is a test-scoped dependency introduced with https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1002
> The reason we want the snapshot is because this is where Jonathan has changed a lot of stuff and this is what AS7 depends on
>
> On 26 Apr 2011, at 17:35, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>
>> Master's pom.xml is depending on a snapshot:
>>
>>     <version.jbossjta>4.15.0-SNAPSHOT</version.jbossjta>
>>
>> Since we're planning to release a CR1 this week, this should be sorted in time for that to avoid funny issues.
>>
>> Is anyone looking into this?

Re: [infinispan-dev] JBoss TS SNAPSHOT dependency in master...

Jonathan Halliday

4.15.0.Final tagged today, just need to sort some nexus issues to get it
published.

Jonathan.

On 04/26/2011 06:34 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Jonathan, are you there? :-)  Any plans for a 4.15.0 alpha, at least?
>
> On 26 Apr 2011, at 18:03, Mircea Markus wrote:
>
>> As I answered on IRC: this is a test-scoped dependency introduced with https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1002
>> The reason we want the snapshot is because this is where Jonathan has changed a lot of stuff and this is what AS7 depends on
>>
>> On 26 Apr 2011, at 17:35, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>>
>>> Master's pom.xml is depending on a snapshot:
>>>
>>>      <version.jbossjta>4.15.0-SNAPSHOT</version.jbossjta>
>>>
>>> Since we're planning to release a CR1 this week, this should be sorted in time for that to avoid funny issues.
>>>
>>> Is anyone looking into this?

>>> Sr. Software Engineer
>>> Infinispan, JBoss Cache

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt Parsons
(USA) and Brendan Lane (Ireland).