[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server 9.3.0.Final Zip is missing

[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server 9.3.0.Final Zip is missing

Andrea Cosentino
Looking at Maven central

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/infinispan/server/infinispan-server/9.3.0.Final/

It looks like the Infinispan-server zip is missing.

Is this wanted?

Thanks.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

Re: [infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server 9.3.0.Final Zip is missing

Galder Zamarreno
I'm not sure. There has been some changes in that area recently. I'll let others comment.

AFAIK, the ZIP available from Maven is not the full server, but a base server which on startup downloads dependencies.

In the mean time, the ZIP file should be available from here which is really the full server with all the dependencies.
Galder

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 9:38 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looking at Maven central

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/infinispan/server/infinispan-server/9.3.0.Final/

It looks like the Infinispan-server zip is missing.

Is this wanted?

Thanks.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Chair
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

Re: [infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server 9.3.0.Final Zip is missing

Andrea Cosentino
I'm asking because in the infinispan kafka connector we use the Zip for integration tests

https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan-kafka/blob/master/core/pom.xml#L197

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 10:39:12 AM GMT+2, Galder Zamarreno <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm not sure. There has been some changes in that area recently. I'll let others comment.

AFAIK, the ZIP available from Maven is not the full server, but a base server which on startup downloads dependencies.

In the mean time, the ZIP file should be available from here which is really the full server with all the dependencies.
http://downloads.jboss.org/infinispan/9.3.0.Final/infinispan-server-9.3.0.Final.zip

Cheers
Galder

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 9:38 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looking at Maven central
>
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/infinispan/server/infinispan-server/9.3.0.Final/
>
> It looks like the Infinispan-server zip is missing.
>
> Is this wanted?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Re: [infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server 9.3.0.Final Zip is missing

Galder Zamarreno
Looking around, the server ZIP file on Maven might have moved here:

I believe that's the slimmed down version that downloads dependencies on the fly when you first run it.

Cheers

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:45 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm asking because in the infinispan kafka connector we use the Zip for integration tests

https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan-kafka/blob/master/core/pom.xml#L197

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Chair
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 10:39:12 AM GMT+2, Galder Zamarreno <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm not sure. There has been some changes in that area recently. I'll let others comment.

AFAIK, the ZIP available from Maven is not the full server, but a base server which on startup downloads dependencies.

In the mean time, the ZIP file should be available from here which is really the full server with all the dependencies.
http://downloads.jboss.org/infinispan/9.3.0.Final/infinispan-server-9.3.0.Final.zip

Cheers
Galder

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 9:38 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looking at Maven central
>
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/infinispan/server/infinispan-server/9.3.0.Final/
>
> It looks like the Infinispan-server zip is missing.
>
> Is this wanted?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Re: [infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server 9.3.0.Final Zip is missing

Gustavo Fernandes-2
From my experience, the slimmed down server does not work in all environments and it's slower to bootstrap than the full server.
If you are looking for using the server zip for testing purposes, I'd recommend using the download-maven-plugin [1] grabbing the server from
[2]

Thanks,
Gustavo

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:02 AM, Galder Zamarreno <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looking around, the server ZIP file on Maven might have moved here:

I believe that's the slimmed down version that downloads dependencies on the fly when you first run it.

Cheers

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:45 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm asking because in the infinispan kafka connector we use the Zip for integration tests

https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan-kafka/blob/master/core/pom.xml#L197

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Chair
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 10:39:12 AM GMT+2, Galder Zamarreno <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm not sure. There has been some changes in that area recently. I'll let others comment.

AFAIK, the ZIP available from Maven is not the full server, but a base server which on startup downloads dependencies.

In the mean time, the ZIP file should be available from here which is really the full server with all the dependencies.
http://downloads.jboss.org/infinispan/9.3.0.Final/infinispan-server-9.3.0.Final.zip

Cheers
Galder

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 9:38 AM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looking at Maven central
>
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/infinispan/server/infinispan-server/9.3.0.Final/
>
> It looks like the Infinispan-server zip is missing.
>
> Is this wanted?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Re: [infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server 9.3.0.Final Zip is missing

Andrea Cosentino
Thanks! Sorry for the noise.

--
Andrea Cosentino