[infinispan-dev] ISPN200 / JSR107

Israel Lacerra
Hi!

Two unrelated things:

-ISPN200- Sanne, I already made most of the changes you suggested for the ISPN 200. I will show a new version in 20~30 days. I used the strategy that I said in a earlier email ("when a distributed query is "initialized", each node creates and keeps a Searcher for this query and return the TopDocs to the requester node. So, the requester node merge the results, and when he needs to retrieves the next value, he sends the ScoreDoc.doc to the correct node. To merge the values I'm using a FieldDocSortedHitQueue class copy, with some changes.").

-JSR107 Does anybody knows where I can find some documentation about the JSR107 spec?? I googled it and I did not have found details about it. I writing about with Infinispan (for my master thesis) and I'd like to write a little about the spec.

thanks!

Israel

Re: [infinispan-dev] ISPN200 / JSR107

Manik Surtani

On 3 Mar 2011, at 21:12, Israel Lacerra wrote:

-JSR107 Does anybody knows where I can find some documentation about the JSR107 spec?? I googled it and I did not have found details about it. I writing about with Infinispan (for my master thesis) and I'd like to write a little about the spec.

There's not a lot of info apart from that out there though, since Oracle took down jsr107.dev.java.net.

- Manik

2011/3/3 Israel Lacerra <[hidden email]>:

> Hi!
> Two unrelated things:
> -ISPN200- Sanne, I already made most of the changes you suggested for the
> ISPN 200. I will show a new version in 20~30 days. I used the strategy that
> I said in a earlier email ("when a distributed query is "initialized", each
> node creates and keeps a Searcher for this query and return the TopDocs to
> the requester node. So, the requester node merge the results, and when he
> needs to retrieves the next value, he sends the ScoreDoc.doc to the correct
> node. To merge the values I'm using a FieldDocSortedHitQueue class copy,
> with some changes.").

Hi Israel, thanks for the update, that sounds great. I'm looking
forward to having a look at the code.
Actually If you want to share something, don't be afraid to so: we all
know how dirty experiments look like, but if you need some help I'd
need to have a look to really understand the details.
And to be hones, I rarely understand my own code until I've ben able
to run some tests ;)
>From what you say, it sounds you got a solid direction.

> -JSR107 Does anybody knows where I can find some documentation about the
> JSR107 spec?? I googled it and I did not have found details about it. I
> writing about with Infinispan (for my master thesis) and I'd like to write a
> little about the spec.
>
> thanks!
> Israel

Re: [infinispan-dev] ISPN200 / JSR107

Patrick McFarland
Maybe not the right place to point this out... but I'm glad Java
innovation isn't lead by Sunacle

http://bluxte.net/musings/2009/09/10/what-happened-jcache-aka-jsr-107

Read the second comment in that by Jon Stevens. Apparently Oracle
killed it because it was too awesome.

Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || www.AdTerrasPerAspera.com

On 3 Mar 2011, at 23:41, Patrick McFarland wrote:

> Maybe not the right place to point this out... but I'm glad Java
> innovation isn't lead by Sunacle
>
> http://bluxte.net/musings/2009/09/10/what-happened-jcache-aka-jsr-107
>
> Read the second comment in that by Jon Stevens. Apparently Oracle
> killed it because it was too awesome.

I was/am on the EG.  Oracle killed it because no one was doing anything.  Ping me offline if you want the full story.  :)

And no it wasn't awesome at all IMO.

On 4 Mar 2011, at 09:18, Manik Surtani wrote:

On 3 Mar 2011, at 23:41, Patrick McFarland wrote:

Maybe not the right place to point this out... but I'm glad Java
innovation isn't lead by Sunacle

http://bluxte.net/musings/2009/09/10/what-happened-jcache-aka-jsr-107

Read the second comment in that by Jon Stevens. Apparently Oracle
killed it because it was too awesome.

I was/am on the EG.  Oracle killed it because no one was doing anything.  Ping me offline if you want the full story.  :)

And no it wasn't awesome at all IMO.

Also, if you're interested, read: