[infinispan-dev] How about moving Infinispan forums to StackOverflow?

[infinispan-dev] How about moving Infinispan forums to StackOverflow?

Sebastian Laskawiec
Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure you have seen: https://developer.jboss.org/thread/275956

How about moving Infinispan questions too?

Re: [infinispan-dev] How about moving Infinispan forums to StackOverflow?

Radim Vansa
While I regularly respond to SO, It seems to me that in many cases on
the forum we have longer threads than Q -> A. While you can simulate
this on SO using comments/edits, it's not suitable for everything. I
monitor both places through mail client, so it doesn't pose much
overhead but occasional crosslink of duplicate questions.

R.

On 09/08/2017 09:04 AM, Sebastian Laskawiec wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm pretty sure you have seen: https://developer.jboss.org/thread/275956
>
> How about moving Infinispan questions too?
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian

Re: [infinispan-dev] How about moving Infinispan forums to StackOverflow?

Yes, I think it would be a good idea. I've seen a number of users post
in both places, but SO is definitely more discoverable by the wider
community and has a lower barrier to entry.

Tristan

On 9/8/17 9:04 AM, Sebastian Laskawiec wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm pretty sure you have seen: https://developer.jboss.org/thread/275956
>
> How about moving Infinispan questions too?
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian

Re: [infinispan-dev] How about moving Infinispan forums to StackOverflow?

Galder Zamarreño
Sounds like a good idea, and I've considered it for previous projects I worked on, but I remember having some downsides. I'd suggest checking with Mark Newton (at Red Hat).

Cheers,