[infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

[infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

Galder Zamarreno
A section has been added to http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14839 with some examples on how to configure Infinispan programmatically from 5.0 onwards.

Any feedback appreciated

Re: [infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

Manik Surtani
Nice.  Perhaps you need a few "basic" configs though?  Stuff that people would typically use?  A lot of your examples demonstrate some of the more complex config examples (custom marshallers and interceptors).  I think a lot of first-time users will try and copy these into their IDEs and expect a useable system.  :)

Maybe you should have the examples only depict "common" options, like cluster mode, cache stores, some simple locking and JTA config, eviction and expiry?

On 16 May 2011, at 08:42, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> A section has been added to http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14839 with some examples on how to configure Infinispan programmatically from 5.0 onwards.
>
> Any feedback appreciated

Re: [infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

Vladimir Blagojevic
On 11-05-16 11:57 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:
> Nice.  Perhaps you need a few "basic" configs though?  Stuff that people would typically use?  A lot of your examples demonstrate some of the more complex config examples (custom marshallers and interceptors).  I think a lot of first-time users will try and copy these into their IDEs and expect a useable system.  :)

I thought the exact same thing. People want to get Infinispan up and
running in 2 minutes. We should be really aware of this and make sure
all our code samples are as generic as it gets.

> Maybe you should have the examples only depict "common" options, like cluster mode, cache stores, some simple locking and JTA config, eviction and expiry?
>
> Cheers
> Manik

Re: [infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

Thomas P. Fuller
This is a very good idea and additionally I'd like to include a few basic config xml files in my plugin.

I started working on a fluent config in Groovy over last Christmas (yes Christmas, and I was in Paris too) and I didn't finish it although I did get quite close. I need to take a look at this and take note of a few things because I was stuck on one part which is why I put it on hold. If it makes sense, I'll complete it and add it back into the plugin.

On May 16, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> On 11-05-16 11:57 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> Nice.  Perhaps you need a few "basic" configs though?  Stuff that people would typically use?  A lot of your examples demonstrate some of the more complex config examples (custom marshallers and interceptors).  I think a lot of first-time users will try and copy these into their IDEs and expect a useable system.  :)
>
> I thought the exact same thing. People want to get Infinispan up and
> running in 2 minutes. We should be really aware of this and make sure
> all our code samples are as generic as it gets.

In some way, that's what I was trying to do with the last of the examples in http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14839 but maybe it's a bit too much to have in one go.

I'll add some smaller examples and move some of the other more exoteric configs to a separate section

>> Maybe you should have the examples only depict "common" options, like cluster mode, cache stores, some simple locking and JTA config, eviction and expiry?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Manik

Re: [infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

Good stuff!
My only note is that there are some code snippets that are not "code":
E.g. "To enable global JMX statistics simply do:"
Or was that the intent?

On 16 May 2011, at 08:42, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

A section has been added to http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14839 with some examples on how to configure Infinispan programmatically from 5.0 onwards.

Any feedback appreciated

Re: [infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

Galder Zamarreno
Hmmm, maybe you caught me in the middle of updating the wiki? Check the link again...

Feedback taken onboard: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14839

On May 16, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> On 11-05-16 11:57 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> Nice.  Perhaps you need a few "basic" configs though?  Stuff that people would typically use?  A lot of your examples demonstrate some of the more complex config examples (custom marshallers and interceptors).  I think a lot of first-time users will try and copy these into their IDEs and expect a useable system.  :)
>
> I thought the exact same thing. People want to get Infinispan up and
> running in 2 minutes. We should be really aware of this and make sure
> all our code samples are as generic as it gets.
>
>> Maybe you should have the examples only depict "common" options, like cluster mode, cache stores, some simple locking and JTA config, eviction and expiry?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Manik

Re: [infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

yes, looks good.

On 11-05-16 5:15 PM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> Feedback taken onboard: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14839
>
> On May 16, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

Excellent wiki Galder! Finally worth its title (Configuring cache
programmatically)

Cheers.

Re: [infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

Erik Salter
I guess I qualify as "others", since I'm looking at similar issues.

Got read lock
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Thread-1 could not obtain exclusive processing lock after 3 seconds.  Locks in question are java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantReadWriteLock$ReadLock@16aa37a6[Read locks = 1] and java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantReadWriteLock$WriteLock@12b7eea[Unlocked]

This is on the latest master.

Erik

On 11-05-16 5:15 PM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> Feedback taken onboard: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14839
>
> On May 16, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

Excellent wiki Galder! Finally worth its title (Configuring cache
programmatically)

Cheers.

The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential, and is intended for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed (or their designee). If this message is read by anyone other than the intended recipient, please be advised that distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy all copies of this message.

Re: [infinispan-dev] Fluent configuration wiki update

Galder Zamarreno
Hmmm, I suppose you meant to answer a different thread? :)