[infinispan-dev] Disabling lock striping by default in 5.0 ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[infinispan-dev] Disabling lock striping by default in 5.0 ?

Galder Zamarreno
I've seen a fair few threads like http://community.jboss.org/message/590204#590204

Should we consider disabling lock striping by default?

I think i'd rather see an app perform worse than get exceptions.

Thoughts?
--
Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache


_______________________________________________
infinispan-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [infinispan-dev] Disabling lock striping by default in 5.0 ?

Manik Surtani
Hmm, maybe create a JIRA for it and start a poll on the user forum?

On 8 Mar 2011, at 18:07, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> I've seen a fair few threads like http://community.jboss.org/message/590204#590204
>
> Should we consider disabling lock striping by default?
>
> I think i'd rather see an app perform worse than get exceptions.
>
> Thoughts?
> --
> Galder Zamarreño
> Sr. Software Engineer
> Infinispan, JBoss Cache
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> infinispan-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev

--
Manik Surtani
[hidden email]
twitter.com/maniksurtani

Lead, Infinispan
http://www.infinispan.org




_______________________________________________
infinispan-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [infinispan-dev] Disabling lock striping by default in 5.0 ?

Mircea Markus

On 8 Mar 2011, at 18:15, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Hmm, maybe create a JIRA for it and start a poll on the user forum?
>
> On 8 Mar 2011, at 18:07, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>
>> I've seen a fair few threads like http://community.jboss.org/message/590204#590204
+1. Same here. Might have been the same threads though :)

>>
>> Should we consider disabling lock striping by default?
>>
>> I think i'd rather see an app perform worse than get exceptions.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>> --
>> Galder Zamarreño
>> Sr. Software Engineer
>> Infinispan, JBoss Cache
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> infinispan-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev
>
> --
> Manik Surtani
> [hidden email]
> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>
> Lead, Infinispan
> http://www.infinispan.org
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> infinispan-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev


_______________________________________________
infinispan-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [infinispan-dev] Disabling lock striping by default in 5.0 ?

Galder Zamarreno
Poll created: http://community.jboss.org/polls/1073?pollSuccess=true

JIRA: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-970

Cheers,

On Mar 8, 2011, at 7:23 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

>
> On 8 Mar 2011, at 18:15, Manik Surtani wrote:
>
>> Hmm, maybe create a JIRA for it and start a poll on the user forum?
>>
>> On 8 Mar 2011, at 18:07, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen a fair few threads like http://community.jboss.org/message/590204#590204
> +1. Same here. Might have been the same threads though :)
>>>
>>> Should we consider disabling lock striping by default?
>>>
>>> I think i'd rather see an app perform worse than get exceptions.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>> --
>>> Galder Zamarreño
>>> Sr. Software Engineer
>>> Infinispan, JBoss Cache
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> infinispan-dev mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev
>>
>> --
>> Manik Surtani
>> [hidden email]
>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>
>> Lead, Infinispan
>> http://www.infinispan.org
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> infinispan-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> infinispan-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev

--
Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache


_______________________________________________
infinispan-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/infinispan-dev