[infinispan-dev] Deprecate collection methods on DataContainer interface

[infinispan-dev] Deprecate collection methods on DataContainer interface

William Burns-3
Recently while looking at the DataContainer interface and implementation it was noticed that the entrySet, values and keySet methods that return collections are very inconsistent. The big issue is whether these methods return expired entries or not and if they are backing or copies etc. It was suggested [1] to deprecate these. I am all for this. I was looking at the references to these methods and they all can be replace with using the proper iterator and forEachRemaining instead.

I just wanted to confirm if everyone is alright with me deprecating the collection methods on DataContainer interface for 9.0 Final.
Thanks,

 - Will

Re: [infinispan-dev] Deprecate collection methods on DataContainer interface

Dan Berindei
You have my vote :)

Dan

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:26 PM, William Burns <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Recently while looking at the DataContainer interface and implementation it
> was noticed that the entrySet, values and keySet methods that return
> collections are very inconsistent. The big issue is whether these methods
> return expired entries or not and if they are backing or copies etc. It was
> suggested [1] to deprecate these. I am all for this. I was looking at the
> references to these methods and they all can be replace with using the
> proper iterator and forEachRemaining instead.
>
> I just wanted to confirm if everyone is alright with me deprecating the
> collection methods on DataContainer interface for 9.0 Final.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/5011#pullrequestreview-28599145
>
> Thanks,
>
>  - Will

Re: [infinispan-dev] Deprecate collection methods on DataContainer interface

Tristan Tarrant-2
+1