[infinispan-dev] Dependency hygiene: 2LC for Hibernate to depend on RxJava ?

[infinispan-dev] Dependency hygiene: 2LC for Hibernate to depend on RxJava ?

I noticed the latest versions of infinispan-core now depend on
io.reactivex.rxjava2:rxjava aka RxJava.

Would it be possible to make this an optional dependency, at least for
those only looking for a simple JPA Cache?

I tried to exclude it but that's not going to work, apparently many
crucial code paths depend on it.

Re: [infinispan-dev] Dependency hygiene: 2LC for Hibernate to depend on RxJava ?

William Burns-3
Distributed Streams and the Cache Store implementations rely on rxjava2.

I guess it could be made optional if we were ensure it was a local only cache without any stores. What does the simple JPA Cache in your example need?

Hi all,