[infinispan-dev] Contributing to Infinispan Guide updated

[infinispan-dev] Contributing to Infinispan Guide updated

Pete Muir-2
Hi All

Please take a look at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan - I've given it a thorough review and reorganisation. Please let me know if I've removed material that you think is still needed.

pete

Re: [infinispan-dev] Contributing to Infinispan Guide updated

Prabhat Jha
This is awesome. I have often seen occasional questions in other forums about configuring IDE so that license headers automatically get added in a new file. Adding that will be helpful too.

| - I've given it a thorough review and reorganisation. Please let me
| know if I've removed material that you think is still needed.
|
| pete

Re: [infinispan-dev] Contributing to Infinispan Guide updated

Pete Muir
Do you want to write that Prabhat? If you can log in to confluence, I can give you write access to the docs.

On 7 Jul 2011, at 17:15, Prabhat Jha wrote:

> This is awesome. I have often seen occasional questions in other forums about configuring IDE so that license headers automatically get added in a new file. Adding that will be helpful too.

Sure. Let me ping you back in few minutes. Need to go to a customer call. ;-)

| Do you want to write that Prabhat? If you can log in to confluence, I
| can give you write access to the docs.
|
| On 7 Jul 2011, at 17:15, Prabhat Jha wrote:
|
| > This is awesome. I have often seen occasional questions in other
| > forums about configuring IDE so that license headers automatically
| > get added in a new file. Adding that will be helpful too.

| > |
| > | Please take a look at
| > | https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan
| > | - I've given it a thorough review and reorganisation. Please let
| > | me
| > | know if I've removed material that you think is still needed.
| > |
| > | pete

Re: [infinispan-dev] Contributing to Infinispan Guide updated

Nice stuff.

* Section 1.9: Any examples/screenshots for enabling annotation processing in your IDE?
* Is this the correct place for the architectural overview?  Maybe that should be a separate doc, and link to it from here?

On 8 Jul 2011, at 13:22, Manik Surtani wrote:

> Nice stuff.
>
> * Section 1.9: Any examples/screenshots for enabling annotation processing in your IDE?

No. I will add this to the TODO list :-) I can generate ones for Eclipse. Volunteer for IDEA please!

> * Is this the correct place for the architectural overview?  Maybe that should be a separate doc, and link to it from here?

Yeah, I felt the same. It was where it lived on SBS so I left it there.

Not sure it should be top level, maybe it belongs with the design docs?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Contributing to Infinispan Guide updated

Manik Surtani

On 8 Jul 2011, at 13:33, Pete Muir wrote:

> On 8 Jul 2011, at 13:22, Manik Surtani wrote:
>
>> Nice stuff.
>>
>> * Section 1.9: Any examples/screenshots for enabling annotation processing in your IDE?
>
> No. I will add this to the TODO list :-) I can generate ones for Eclipse. Volunteer for IDEA please!

Coming right up.

>> * Is this the correct place for the architectural overview?  Maybe that should be a separate doc, and link to it from here?
>
> Yeah, I felt the same. It was where it lived on SBS so I left it there.
>
> Not sure it should be top level, maybe it belongs with the design docs?

+1, yes.  Design docs is the best place for this.