[infinispan-dev] Compilation errors in the infinispan-spring module

[infinispan-dev] Compilation errors in the infinispan-spring module

Dan Berindei
Hi Olaf,

Did you see any problems with RHQ + Spring interaction that determined
you to exclude the rhq-pluginAnnotations dependency in the spring
module?

      <dependency>
         <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
         <artifactId>infinispan-core</artifactId>
         <version>${project.version}</version>
         <scope>compile</scope>
         <exclusions>
            <exclusion>
               <groupId>org.rhq.helpers</groupId>
               <artifactId>rhq-pluginAnnotations</artifactId>
            </exclusion>
         </exclusions>
      </dependency>

I've been getting some weird errors while building the
infinispan-spring module, both with OpenJDK 1.6.0_20 and with Sun JDK
1.6.0_24 and 1.6.0_25, and they seem to appear because the compiler
doesn't have access to the RHQ annotations:

/tmp/privatebuild/home/dan/Work/infinispan/master/core/classes/org/infinispan/manager/DefaultCacheManager.class:
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'displayName()' in type
'org.rhq.helpers.pluginAnnotations.agent.Metric': class file for
org.rhq.helpers.pluginAnnotations.agent.Metric not found
/tmp/privatebuild/home/dan/Work/infinispan/master/core/classes/org/infinispan/manager/DefaultCacheManager.class:
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'dataType()' in type
'org.rhq.helpers.pluginAnnotations.agent.Metric'
An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.6.0_24). Please file a
bug at the Java Developer Connection
(http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after checking the Bug Parade
for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in
your report.  Thank you.
com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: class file for
org.rhq.helpers.pluginAnnotations.agent.DataType not found

Galder has seen it too with Sun JDK 1.6.0_24, but strangely enough
everyone else is able to build without any errors.

I'm thinking of removing the rhq-pluginAnnotations exclusion from the
infinispan-spring pom.xml, the question is whether this would break
something on the Spring side. Do you know of any potential problems,
or did you do this just to reduce the number of dependencies brought
in by infinispan-spring into an application?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Compilation errors in the infinispan-spring module

Olaf Bergner
Hi Dan,

no, I had no special reason to exclude rhq-pluginAnnotations beyond reducing infinispan-spring's dependencies to the absolute minimum. Consequently you may well remove that exclusion.

What's strange, though, is that I have no problems whatsoever building infinispan-spring using the current pom. I'm on Mac OS X, running one of the latest JDKs for that platform.

Cheers,
Olaf

-------- Original-Nachricht --------