[infinispan-dev] Cannot compile infinispan-cachestore-bdbje - missing maven artifacts

[infinispan-dev] Cannot compile infinispan-cachestore-bdbje - missing maven artifacts

Martin Gencur
As suggested by Rado Husar,
this infinispan module cannot be compiled with *empty* local maven
repository. The problem is the following:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project infinispan-cachestore-bdbje:
Could not resolve dependencies for project
org.infinispan:infinispan-cachestore-bdbje:bundle:5.1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could
not find artifact com.sleepycat:je:jar:4.0.92 in
jboss-developer-repository-group
(https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/developer/) -> [Help
1]

I have these repos defined in settings.xml:
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/developer/

--
Martin Gencur

Re: [infinispan-dev] Cannot compile infinispan-cachestore-bdbje - missing maven artifacts

Sanne Grinovero-3
This looks like https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1306
I had opened it, experiencing the same issue, then after some days I
couldn't verify it anymore as the artifact had appeared; really
puzzled that it's gone again?

Could you please reopen it? (Or should we create a new one? not sure
what is best is in this case since the version it applied to was
released)

Sanne

2011/8/17 Martin Gencur <[hidden email]>:

> As suggested by Rado Husar,
> this infinispan module cannot be compiled with *empty* local maven
> repository. The problem is the following:
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project infinispan-cachestore-bdbje:
> Could not resolve dependencies for project
> org.infinispan:infinispan-cachestore-bdbje:bundle:5.1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could
> not find artifact com.sleepycat:je:jar:4.0.92 in
> jboss-developer-repository-group
> (https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/developer/) -> [Help
> 1]
>

> I have these repos defined in settings.xml:
> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/
> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/developer/
>

> --
> Martin Gencur
> --
> JBoss QE, Enterprise Data Grid
> Desk phone: +420 532 294 192, ext. 62192

Re: [infinispan-dev] Cannot compile infinispan-cachestore-bdbje - missing maven artifacts

Radoslav Husar
That's exactly it, just reopened it.

I have really strange problems with maven builds in general like with
ISPN and AS7. I try the same target and sometimes it passes and few
minutes later it fails and so on. Surely the repository.jboss.org is to
blame :-/

R.

On 08/17/2011 04:32 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> This looks like https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1306
> I had opened it, experiencing the same issue, then after some days I
> couldn't verify it anymore as the artifact had appeared; really
> puzzled that it's gone again?
>
> Could you please reopen it? (Or should we create a new one? not sure
> what is best is in this case since the version it applied to was
> released)
>
> Sanne
>
> 2011/8/17 Martin Gencur<[hidden email]>:
>> As suggested by Rado Husar,
>> this infinispan module cannot be compiled with *empty* local maven
>> repository. The problem is the following:
>>

>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project infinispan-cachestore-bdbje:
>> Could not resolve dependencies for project
>> org.infinispan:infinispan-cachestore-bdbje:bundle:5.1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could
>> not find artifact com.sleepycat:je:jar:4.0.92 in
>> jboss-developer-repository-group
>> (https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/developer/) ->  [Help
>> 1]
>>

>> I have these repos defined in settings.xml:
>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/
>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/developer/
>>

>> --
>> Martin Gencur
>> --
>> JBoss QE, Enterprise Data Grid
>> Desk phone: +420 532 294 192, ext. 62192

Re: [infinispan-dev] Cannot compile infinispan-cachestore-bdbje - missing maven artifacts

Galder Zamarreno
Either that, or the Oracle repo is playing up because AFAIK, doesn't JBoss.org simply proxy to other external repos such as the Oracle one? http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/maven-087630.html

2011/8/30 Galder Zamarreño <[hidden email]>:
> Either that, or the Oracle repo is playing up because AFAIK, doesn't JBoss.org simply proxy to other external repos such as the Oracle one? http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/maven-087630.html

I'm not sure, but I would expect it to proxy & store in a local
cache.. makes more sense imo.

On 08/30/2011 10:17 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> 2011/8/30 Galder Zamarreño<[hidden email]>:
>> Either that, or the Oracle repo is playing up because AFAIK, doesn't JBoss.org simply proxy to other external repos such as the Oracle one? http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/maven-087630.html
>
> I'm not sure, but I would expect it to proxy&  store in a local
> cache.. makes more sense imo.
>
> Sanne

I would too, probably using some LRU to clean old stuff. The way I ran
into problems was that I wanted to build ISPN while purging local
repository. I wonder if we could brutally push it into our own repo..

Rado

Re: [infinispan-dev] Cannot compile infinispan-cachestore-bdbje - missing maven artifacts

Tristan Tarrant
Nexus holds a local cache of artifacts retrieved from proxy repositories. You can also enable a scheduled job to clean up the local cache from LRU items. If the people who build from source already have local copies of those artifacts, the Nexus repo won't receive any hits, and therefore remove the proxied items.
Also the Oracle repo has been acting up recently.

Tristan