Quantcast

[infinispan-dev] AS6 infinispan integration documentation

[infinispan-dev] AS6 infinispan integration documentation

Paul Ferraro
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/InfinispanIntegrationinAS6

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: [infinispan-dev] AS6 infinispan integration documentation

Bela Ban
- "An application configured with FIELD granularity web session
replication will automatically fallback (with a log warning) to SESSION
granularity": don't we support ATTRIBUTE granularity anymore ? And if
so, why wouldn't we fall back to ATTRIBUTE granularity ?

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team

Re: [infinispan-dev] AS6 infinispan integration documentation

Paul Ferraro
Yes, we still support ATTRIBUTE granularity.
The replication granularity levels are not all semantically equivalent.
ATTRIBUTE granularity is not an appropriate fallback for FIELD because
unlike FIELD and SESSION granularity, ATTRIBUTE granularity does
preserve inter-attribute object references.  An application that relied
on this behavior could break otherwise.

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 22:36 +0100, Bela Ban wrote:

> - "An application configured with FIELD granularity web session
> replication will automatically fallback (with a log warning) to SESSION
> granularity": don't we support ATTRIBUTE granularity anymore ? And if
> so, why wouldn't we fall back to ATTRIBUTE granularity ?
>

> On 12/14/10 7:38 PM, Paul Ferraro wrote:
> > http://community.jboss.org/wiki/InfinispanIntegrationinAS6
> >
> > Any feedback is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Paul

Re: [infinispan-dev] AS6 infinispan integration documentation

Bela Ban
ah, ok, got you