Re: [infinispan-dev] Using Coverity scan?

Re: [infinispan-dev] Using Coverity scan?

Sanne Grinovero
Hello,
sorry to revive a year-old thread, but would really love to get us
covered by Coverity.
I'm currently inspecting a very hard to track bug, I guess there is some missing
synchronization, so this or suggestions for other tools for dynamic
analysis would be great.

Sanne

2009/11/30 Manik Surtani <[hidden email]>:

> Good idea, I'll ping them ...
>
> On 29 Nov 2009, at 15:51, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Did you consider enabling Infinispan to be monitored by coverity's
>> code analysis services? They are free for OSS projects, I saw a demo
>> recently and was quite amazed. It's similar to FindBugs, but not only
>> about static code checks. They checkout your code from trunk and then
>> run several analysis on it periodically, one of them is about dynamic
>> thread behavior to predict deadlocks or missing fences instrumenting
>> the code, and produce nice public reports; AFAIK you don't need to
>> setup anything yourself, besides getting in touch to ask for it.
>> It's only available for C and Java code, and they have an impressive
>> list of OSS projects in the C world (linux kernel, httpd server,
>> samba, gnome, GCC, PostgreSQL, ...) but not much on Java.
>> http://scan.coverity.com/
>>
>> No, I'm not affiliated :-) Just thinking that it might be useful to
>> have if it's not too hard to setup.

> Lead, JBoss Cache
> http://www.infinispan.org
> http://www.jbosscache.org

Re: [infinispan-dev] Using Coverity scan?

Manik Surtani
I never heard back from them.  If you feel like getting in touch with them, go ahead...

On 16 Dec 2010, at 23:44, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> Hello,
> sorry to revive a year-old thread, but would really love to get us
> covered by Coverity.
> I'm currently inspecting a very hard to track bug, I guess there is some missing
> synchronization, so this or suggestions for other tools for dynamic
> analysis would be great.
>
> Sanne
>
> 2009/11/30 Manik Surtani <[hidden email]>:
>> Good idea, I'll ping them ...
>>
>> On 29 Nov 2009, at 15:51, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Did you consider enabling Infinispan to be monitored by coverity's
>>> code analysis services? They are free for OSS projects, I saw a demo
>>> recently and was quite amazed. It's similar to FindBugs, but not only
>>> about static code checks. They checkout your code from trunk and then
>>> run several analysis on it periodically, one of them is about dynamic
>>> thread behavior to predict deadlocks or missing fences instrumenting
>>> the code, and produce nice public reports; AFAIK you don't need to
>>> setup anything yourself, besides getting in touch to ask for it.
>>> It's only available for C and Java code, and they have an impressive
>>> list of OSS projects in the C world (linux kernel, httpd server,
>>> samba, gnome, GCC, PostgreSQL, ...) but not much on Java.
>>> http://scan.coverity.com/
>>>
>>> No, I'm not affiliated :-) Just thinking that it might be useful to
>>> have if it's not too hard to setup.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Sanne