Example of TUNNEL protocol

Tuomas Kiviaho
Hi,

I'm trying to use  TUNNEL protocol. JGroupsTransport seems to hang while waiting  forever because viewAccepted is never triggered. I can see from JGossipRouter JMX that I've reached it, but it's unclear why there is no VIEW_CHANGE response. Is there an example of using TUNNEL protocol with Infinispan. I only found out about TCPGOSSIP but I've replaced it with JDBC_PING.

I guess for clarity there should be some kind of await(timeout) instead of await() and exception message could clarify the situation a bit for beginners like me.

Tuomas

Re: [infinispan-dev] Example of TUNNEL protocol

Bela Ban
You're not posting details about what went wrong, a stack trace, your
configuration or the version of Infinispan/JGroups you're using.

I suggest try a JGroups standalone app like Chat or Draw with tunnel.xml
(both are shipped with JGroups), and continue on the JGroups mailing list.

Once that works, you can translate your config to Infinispan and it
should work there, too.

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)

Re: [infinispan-dev] Example of TUNNEL protocol

Tuomas Kiviaho
Hi,

Bela Ban wrote
You're not posting details about what went wrong, a stack trace, your
configuration or the version of Infinispan/JGroups you're using.
Infinispan 7.0.0.Final and JGroups 3.6.0.Final. Stack doesn't tell much because the rest is just the usual infinispan config.

JGroupsTransport.waitForChannelToConnect() line: 440
JGroupsTransport.start() line: 194

Bela Ban wrote
I suggest try a JGroups standalone app like Chat or Draw with tunnel.xml
(both are shipped with JGroups), and continue on the JGroups mailing list.

Once that works, you can translate your config to Infinispan and it
should work there, too.
Thanks for pointing me out (to the obvious). I didn't have these...

    <MERGE3/>
    <FD/>
    <VERIFY_SUSPECT/>
    <pbcast.NAKACK2 use_mcast_xmit="false"/>
    <UNICAST3/>
    <pbcast.STABLE/>
    <pbcast.GMS/>
    <UFC/>
    <MFC/>
    <FRAG2/>
    <pbcast.STATE_TRANSFER/>
    <pbcast.FLUSH timeout="2000"/>

.. along with my config that was previously just TUNNEL/JDBC_PING which where set as per documentation.

I can see that the pbcast.GMS finally woke up to it's task.

JGroupsTransport.viewAccepted(View) line: 671
CommandAwareRpcDispatcher(MessageDispatcher).handleUpEvent(Event) line: 602
MessageDispatcher$ProtocolAdapter.up(Event) line: 679
JChannel.up(Event) line: 733
ProtocolStack.up(Event) line: 1029
RSVP.up(Event) line: 201
FRAG2.up(Event) line: 165
MFC(FlowControl).up(Event) line: 394
UFC(FlowControl).up(Event) line: 394
TOA.up(Event) line: 121
GMS.installView(View, Digest) line: 732
ClientGmsImpl.becomeSingletonMember(Address) line: 276
ClientGmsImpl.joinInternal(Address, boolean, boolean) line: 87
ClientGmsImpl.join(Address, boolean) line: 41
GMS.down(Event) line: 1084
TOA.down(Event) line: 76
UFC(FlowControl).down(Event) line: 353
MFC(FlowControl).down(Event) line: 353
FRAG2.down(Event) line: 136
RSVP.down(Event) line: 153
ProtocolStack.down(Event) line: 1038
JChannel.down(Event) line: 785
JChannel._connect(Event) line: 558
JChannel.connect(String, boolean) line: 288
JChannel.connect(String) line: 273
JGroupsTransport.startJGroupsChannelIfNeeded() line: 201
JGroupsTransport.start() line: 192

--
Tuomas